43 with Dyslexia had a bad day

Network and share here
ionka

43 with Dyslexia had a bad day

Post by ionka » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:50 am

Today i had for the first time in a long time experienced vulnerability. I had a terrible time at school and did not find out i was dyslexic until my early 20s. Since i found out i was able to understand and become confident with myself and it all became clear when i was diagnosed that my brain is wired differently. It does bring it struggles and i have found ways of dealing with it but generally, i am a happy content, confident person with dyslexia.
But today i had a meeting and the person was telling me lots of information both verbally and going through forms and showing on the computer she was giving me so much information at once that i could hear her voice but could not take it all in. I actually felt so vulnerable and did not want to tell her that i was dyslexic and she is overloading me with info. I thought she would not understand me if i said that and people do see it as an excuse.So i felt that vulnerable inner child and felt so daunted that i was fighting back the tears. I had to tell her that i was not feeling well and had to leave. Now i have been feeling bad all day. Feel a bit knocked back!! Normally i have the confidence and i am never ashamed of being vocal about having Dyslexia. Until recently a few people brush it off or say that its just and excuse\label for not trying!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Even in my 40s i am faced with the challenges it brings and today i feel lonely with it, like that vulnerable child at school trying to understand
I am not ashamed usually but today i feel it :cry: :cry: