The impact dyslexia can have on future aspirations and success

Network and share here
CPanta

The impact dyslexia can have on future aspirations and success

Post by CPanta » Tue May 07, 2019 10:51 am

Hello,

My name is Chris Panter and I am currently studying for my MSc Psychology with the aim of becoming an educational psychologist :) .

I am dyslexic myself and this was not diagnosed until I started my undergraduate degree at university. What makes dyslexia so fascinating to me was that I struggled with education throughout my childhood no matter how hard I tried I just could not achieve. That is until I turned 13, when I turned 13 something clicked, and I began to excel in certain areas such as English literature and Religious education. I still to this day do understand what changed or why, but I have since become a special needs teacher studying for a master’s in psychology.

I have chosen to do on Investigating the impact developmental dyslexia has on adult attitudes towards continuing education.

I am looking for a mixture of participants, those who have been diagnosed with dyslexia and a control group of non-dyslexic participants. With only
10% of the population being diagnosed with dyslexia and I am practically interested in hearing from those with dyslexia.

By taking part in this research participants will be adding to the information around the impact dyslexia can have on future aspirations and success including those believed to be at risk of dyslexia but have not officially been diagnosed.

If you would like to take part in the study please click on this link which will take you to Qualtrics which is recommended by Manchester Metropolitan University: https://mmu.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/S ... aYg6TNtCCN