Using program with college-age adults

Network and share here
Grannyrich

Using program with college-age adults

Post by Grannyrich » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:10 am

I am not dyslexic but have worked with a few young people over the years using the program. I am retired and free to offer help now so am working with a young woman who is on two weeks' break from college. She is mainly concerned with understanding math so I am following the guidelines in The Gift Of Learning.
Any others out there working to correct dyscalculia?

Andy

Re: Using program with college-age adults

Post by Andy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:37 am

My son is dislexic. He passed correction course by Davis two years ago and still has some probs with math, not too big but he has. From time to time we have to work at some notion with clay. Gift of Learning is my table book.

Herlin478

Post by Herlin478 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:23 am

My friend’s son also has these issues in his studies. In fact his behavior is also very different from other children. I read an article on famous Asperger's people on ranker.com. All the symptoms are quite similar. Now I am confused if I should talk about this with my friend or not! Please help friends!

EricRomm

Post by EricRomm » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:50 am

A gist on Dyslexia

Dyslexia is one of a family of Specific Learning Difficulties.
Many people who have dyslexia have strong visual, creative and problem-solving skills.
Dyslexia is not linked to intelligence but can make learning difficult.
Dyslexia is a life-long condition which has a substantial effect on an individual’s day to day activities and is classed as a disability under the Equality Act 2010.
Dyslexia varies from person to person and no two people will have the same set of strengths and weaknesses.
It often co-occurs with related conditions, such as dyspraxia, dyscalculia and attention deficit disorder.

You can read more (rather research papers and essays) on Studymode about Dyslexia. I had subscribed to it back when I was in college.