Dealing with adult with dyslexia

Network and share here
Ericoltk

Dealing with adult with dyslexia

Post by Ericoltk » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:41 am

My daughter is 35 who lives with me, I had to retire early because of a nervous breakdown. My daughter can only work PT because of her disability. I’m living on my savings and social Security which is almost gone and had my age 65 getting a job. Cummunication is difficult she gets defensive right away which I understand is part of being dyslexic. She’s terrible at cleaning up after herself, she get upset when I bring that to her attention. I feel like I need to move away the stress is becoming overwhelming dealing with her. I have diabetes which stress can make it worse. I told her about it, didn’t seem to faze her? I’m at a loss on how to deal with this because she could not financially live on her own and I’m afraid she could become homeless? Would aDoes anyone know where I can gethousing for her? Besides I could suddenly die
because of my health? Appreciate any information given?

Dean77

Re: Dealing with adult with dyslexia

Post by Dean77 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:14 am

Thats a tuff one
Last edited by Dean77 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dean77

Re: Dealing with adult with dyslexia

Post by Dean77 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:14 am

Thats a tuff one, not know your daughter and how bad her Dyslexia is and her iQ.
Sorry to say you will die one day, so she has no choice she will learn that her action have consequences one day /one way.
You may need to be Cruel to Be Kind if u think she just using her Dyslexia as an excuse to be a brat taking advantage of your good nature love. U may need to put her in her place sounds like she need u more then u need her.

Im sure people here would think thats terrible advice i gess the sensible thing to do is try some try of family counselling u need a 3rd person to help you " two" talk about your feelings and come to an agreement.